The November issue of Harvard Men's Health Watch explains how these changes may influence a normal man's health.
Some guy named Dr. Harvey Simon said that all in all, saunas appear safe for the body, but there is little evidence that they have health benefits above and beyond relaxation and a feeling of well-being. I personally think those are very important :(?
He also suggests that the sauna users ( which includes me ) follow these simple precautions:
- Avoid alcohol and medications that may impair sweating and produce overheating before and after your sauna.( I have done this one a millions times and i'm still alive )
- Stay in no more than 15–20 minutes. ( I have stayed in for more than an hour, i did have a few cold beers to keep me company )
- Cool down gradually afterward. ( I take a cold shower afterwards )
- Drink two to four glasses of cool water after each sauna. ( Yeah. Seems kinda legit after sitting in over 100C for 30-unlimited time )
- Don’t take a sauna when you are ill, and if you feel unwell during your sauna, head for the door. ( Stupid doctor doesn't know anything his talking about... When i'm ill, sauna makes me feel better :S )
I'm a superhuman